navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

28.3.14

Picture Polish Aurora

Hi Everyone,

I write to you all from my ice chamber! We ran out of oil and have been without heating and hot water since Wednesday! My fan heater is working on overdrive and we have an oil delivery due today so I should be toasty and warm this evening!

Today I have my first of the Picture Polish Limited Editions to show you! I bought this when it first came out and finally swatched it this week!

Aurora is a green - teal - blue - purple multichrome glitter polish. I hadn't originally planned on buying this, but the feeling took hold of me and I couldn't help myself and I'm so glad I did! I love how you don't have to move your fingers to see the colour shift, in my opinion this looks even better on than it does in the bottle, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that...

The photos below show one coat of Aurora over one coat of black (Cult Nails Nevermore) with a HK Girl Top Coat on top. On the brush this looks like dirty dishwater, so I was shocked to see such depth of colour, shimmer and glitter in just one coat.


This post is a little bit pic-heavy so click "Read More" to see the other pictures! 



Purple-teal shift
Green-teal shift
Tilted to see the blue-purple shift
The flash really brings out the green!

Isn't this just in another realm of amazing?! The whole limited edition collection is gorgeous, but as this is considered the standout and is slightly different to the others (no holographic chunks) I thought I should post this one first. 

I should have the others up next week, I've swatched Altered State as well but I have the others to do hopefully on Wednesday while my son is at preschool. Nail swatches take a long time to do if you want them to look good, and I only like to swatch two black bases at a time because the removal leaves a slight stain on my cuticles that looks bad in pictures, I like to leave a day in between! I don't know how I used to be able to post every day... Well, I do, I had a little 4 month old baby instead of a 2 and a half year old livewire to look after, my time is dwindling but I'm doing my best! Swatching these, and my samples from Jacava last week reminded me how much I love swatching and taking photos.

This retails for £13.50 at Rainbow Connection and Sally Magpies, although it's sold out right now. I do believe that this will be relaunching some time over the next couple of months, and Picture Polish mentioned on their Instagram page that there's a chance it could be permanent one day, so fingers crossed!


What do you think of this? Have you picked up any of the Limited Edition Collection?



No comments:

Post a Comment