navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

29.6.12

Five Favourites: JUNE

Hi guys!

We're finally at the end of the week. I've been so busy and having to set my alarm most days, which I hate doing! So this weekend I plan to relax, sleep in, as much as my son will let me!

Today I'm introducing a new monthly feature. For my last post of every month, I'll be showing you my five favourite things of the month. That way, you can get a little bit of insight into my non-polish, non-blogging life! Obviously this remains a blog dedicated to nail polish, but one post deviating a month isn't too bad...

So here goes! My five favourites for June:

1. My son, Caleb. 


He's my favourite thing of every month, but this month especially! He went to his first party this month, and he's learnt to get up the stairs as well. He gets cuter and cuter every day, and he's been extra special recently because it's only the two of us in the house at the moment. My boyfriend is away working, so he's the man of the house!

2. Blogging!


This seems like an obvious one, but this month I've made some changes to my blogging schedule by only posting 4 times a week, and I'm enjoying my blog even more. I was starting to feel like blogging was my life, but this way I feel like I've got a good balance.

3. The weather.


We've had okay weather for a few days of this month, okay enough for me to go on a 3 hour walk and come back with a tan. However it has started raining today... I can't believe it's the end of June and we still haven't reached real summer!

4. 7up Free.


This is a weird one, but I've got addicted to this stuff. I've got through 20 cans in a week! They're new handy sized cans, and there's only 5 calories a can, so I don't feel guilty. I'm addicted to fizzy drinks, so it's nice to have something that isn't high in calories but still tastes nice!

5. My Kindle.


I've had my Kindle for ages now and had only read 2 books on it, but recently I've fallen in love with it! I've jumped on the Fifty Shades of Grey bandwagon and read that this week, as well as the sequel - yes I'm a very fast reader! I'm about to read the third and final instalment over the weekend, not sure what I'll do when I finish it! I have another book that I'm half way through that I'll probably finish when I'm done. What I love most about my Kindle is that it doesn't have crackly pages like a book, or a glowing screen like my iPad, so my son isn't interested in it! So I can read while he plays and it doesn't disturb him!



So that's it, my five favourites for June! I hope you liked it, and that you don't mind the slight deviation from nail polish. Hopefully we'll have some sun over the weekend, I have lots of swatching to do, yes I mean HOLOS! Neeeeeeeeed some sun, they are some real beauties. 

I have some posts in mind for next week, as well as some nail art if I get time! I won't be as busy as this week so fingers crossed!

Have a great weekend and see you on the other side!


3 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Caleb is SO cute! I also love love my Kindle. My Mum was telling me the other day that she's reading Fifty Shades of Grey - she said she didn't like to admit, but she couldn't put it down! :P x

    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so gorgeous isn't he, almost 9 months later and I still can't get over how cute he is! Fifty Shades is amazing! So addictive, I ended up reading the trilogy in 6 days! Impossible to put down! I think people forget that it's a love story at the end of the day!

      Glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute little guy! I have a son too and he's a handful at 2 1/2 lol! whoa 20 cans a week is a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete