navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

1.3.14

I'm back! What have I been up to?

Hi Everybody!

Wow, this feels a little bit weird, it's been a while!

First of all I'd like to say, thanks for sticking with me while I took a much needed break from all things Truly Polished. I needed some time off but I've still been checking in on Blogger every now and again and to see my page views still going up has been unexpected but lovely.

Secondly, my return begs the question of where I've been since before Christmas, so I thought I'd fill you guys in on what I've been up to!

The main reason is the most exciting... We're expecting a new addition to the Truly Polished family! We found out just before Christmas, and my energy was gone, just like that. I've been napping every day, totally unable to function without a crazy amount of sleep and generally useless. Trying to look after a nearly two and a half year old livewire, keeping my house looking like humans rather than pigs live in it, and actually having some me-time meant that blogging had to go for a while... But I'm itching to get back into it, and certainly haven't been slacking on the haul front so have plenty to show you once I get it all swatched!

Here's a little picture of Baby TP number 2 from a couple of weeks ago! We find out in just over a month what we're having so that's exciting.


So what else have I been up to?




I never watched Entourage when it was actually on, but in January I decided to start from the beginning. I'm up to Season 5 and loving it!




One of my New Year's resolutions was to learn to crochet. I've been having a good go at it, I've learned how to make a granny square, and a granny triangle to start some multicoloured bunting for Caleb's room. I've also made a flower headband for myself, as well as making some little flowers and stars. I want to take the next month to make something for Caleb, and then when I find out the sex of this baby I want to make a nice blanket for the nursery. I'm hoping (if what I make isn't too embarrassingly bad) to share some of my crochet on here! 



We went to Tenerife for 8 days the second week of February, it was so nice to get a bit of sun, the English weather makes me so miserable!






My fiance has been home for the last four weeks, he leaves tomorrow, and so we decided this was the time to potty train our son. We started on Valentine's Day, a Friday, and used the fact that he was off preschool for half term the following week to our advantage. And it's done. He picked it up really quickly and much more easily than we had expected. Obviously we're anticipating accidents still, but we had a trip to Colchester Zoo at the start of this week (2 hours each way) accident free, so I'm optimistic!


So that's what I've been up to! It's been a busy and tiring couple of months, but I'm ready to get back to blogging. If I can get some swatching done over the next few days, I'll be back next week with some pretties. I'm thinking the Limited Edition Picture Polish newbies first. I have thermals as well that I want to show you, plus some indies. Honestly I've lost interest in the mainstream recently so it's indie all the way for the time being!

Thanks again for sticking with me through this break, and you won't be disappointed next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment