navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

6.12.13

Festive Friday 2013 #1 and the Truly Polished Christmas Tag!

Hi Guys,

Doesn't it feel Christmassy today?! It's really cold here and we bought our Christmas tree today so I'm feeling very festive. We got a real tree this year, went to the garden centre to pick it out and everything, I'm feeling grown up and our house feels very homely now for our second Christmas here. Today is also the first Friday in December and I thought I'd bring back one of my favourite features from last year... Festive Fridays! Last year I did it for six weeks if I remember right, but this year I've been busy actually preparing for Christmas so I thought I'd keep it as a December thing this year.






For my first Festive Friday 2013 post I wanted to do a Christmas tag, but I couldn't really find one I liked, so I thought I would create one myself! It took me a little while, but here it is.





1. Sign that Christmas is coming?
2. Favourite Christmas song?
3. Favourite Christmas movie?
4. Opening presents... Morning or afternoon?
5. Smoky eyes and sequins for Christmas dinner or tacky jumpers all the way?
6. Christmas eve plans?
7. Favourite Christmas food and drink?
8. Favourite Christmas memory?
9. Who are you spending Christmas with this year?
10. Top of your wish list this year?
11. What's on your plate?
12. Must have nail polish for Christmas day?
13. Favourite Christmassy scent?
14. What is at the top of your tree?
15. Boxing Day?
16. Best thing about Christmas?



This is quite a long post, so click Read More to see my answers...



1. Signs that Christmas is coming? 

I know for a lot of people it's the Coca-Cola advert, but I think that's on way too early these days. For me, I usually step outside one day and realise how cold it is, then I can't wait for Christmas!

2. Favourite Christmas song?

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Way by Wizzard. I still remember my school Christmas dinners singing along to this, and it's my Mum's favourite. My least favourite is Fairytale of New York - I can't stand it!

3. Favourite Christmas movie?

I have so many that I love, but I think my favourite is actually the Grinch! I went to see it at the cinema when it came out, and it reminds me of my brother!

4. Opening presents... Morning or afternoon?

Afternoon! I couldn't bear to have my presents in the morning, then Christmas is over... We have our stockings in the morning with little presents in (I'm 23 and my Mum Father Christmas still brings us stockings - this year we're all buying for each other though) and then after lunch we all open a present one at a time. That way it lasts all day and we don't spend the afternoon asleep!

5. Smoky eyes and sequins for Christmas dinner or tacky jumpers all the way?

Tacky jumpers all the way! We hosted a little family Christmas Eve party last year and we're throwing another one this year, so I dress up nicely for that, but Christmas is a day to be more slouchy!

6. Christmas Eve plans?

We are throwing our second annual Christmas Eve party. It'll be me, my fiance and son, mum, younger and older brothers, nephew, sister in law, and her two older kids. We're doing a huge buffet and playing some games!

7. Favourite Christmas food and drink?

My favourite Christmas food is stuffing. I'm not hugely keen on roast dinners and don't eat them often, so having a bit of stuffing is lovely at Christmas. My favourite Christmas drink is Bucks Fizz! Christmas day is the only day where it's acceptable to get on the booze as soon as you wake up, I love my Bucks Fizz while I'm opening my stocking presents.

8. Favourite Christmas memory?

Definitely only having a piece of Christmas pudding because I wanted the money inside! I hate Christmas pudding but I lived in hope of getting the £1 or £2, or at least 50p. These days we don't have Christmas pudding, just pavlova and maybe a cheesecake or gateaux...

9. Who are you spending Christmas with this year?

My fiance and son, as well as my Mum and brother who are coming to stay with us for the week.

10. Top of your wish list this year?

UGG boots, and I know I've got them from Richard because I had to go out and get them! And I bet you can guess who will be wrapping them as well...

11. What's on your plate?

I think we're having a gammon joint, otherwise roast beef, roast potatoes, carrots, peas, onion, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings and lots of gravy. All the vegetables apart from the peas will be roasted, not boiled and if mum fancies frying them up, maybe I'll have some sprouts as well! Even though Christmas is happening at my house, my Mum will be doing the cooking!

12. Must have nail polish for Christmas Day?

Last year I wore Essie Dive Bar which wasn't very Christmassy and it chipped. I think I'm going to go for something really glittery this year. Maybe Lynnderella Golden Rules.

13. Favourite Christmassy scent?

It's a toss up between Yankee Candle Snow in Love, and Season of Peace. I'm going to with Season of Peace because I love the name!

14.  What is at the top of your tree?

Nothing yet, because we haven't bought our tree yet! But we usually have a star.

15. Boxing Day?

We're cooking a turkey crown on boxing day and having turkey and stuffing baguettes. We did this last year due to a mess up by me (who knew turkey took that long to defrost?) instead of having turkey and gammon on Christmas day and it worked so well we're doing it again this year! I'd like to take the credit for that!

16. Best thing about Christmas?

Spending time with family - we all live at different ends of the country now so it's nice to get together! Plus my fiance is going to be home, not away working so that's really good!



So that's a little insight into my Christmas! I hope you enjoyed it and I'll be back next week with more Christmassy loveliness and possibly sparkles, we'll see!

I tag:
Rachael from Just Rach
Albertine from DippyWrites

... and anyone else who wants to give it a go. 


If you fill out this tag, be sure to let me know in the comments so I can take a look!




No comments:

Post a Comment