navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

20.9.13

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in Blue Ice

Hi Guys!

Well, after a good week has come a complete wipeout! This week has been totally hectic and stressful and my son has had some pretty bad days behaviour-wise. But it's Friday so hopefully I'll have a good weekend! 

Anyway, tonight I have some nail wraps to show you. I bought these about a year ago because I'd never tried nail wraps before, but I only got round to trying them out about a month ago.

The Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips are made of real polish but the idea is you don't have to faff about waiting for them to dry. I was definitely attracted to this idea because I've ruined many a manicure by painting my nails when my son is napping thinking I have plenty of drying time and then all of a sudden he wakes up crying and I have to run up and get him, spoiling my nails in the process! 

These strips where easy-ish to apply. It took me a while to figure out what side was what and how to stick them on, but I was flying once I'd worked it out! It took me probably five minutes to do all of my nails.

This is how it all looked:



As you can see by the second picture, I did struggle to find the perfect fit for my nails. Also, I added topcoat to these wraps to try and prolong the wear. This was mainly because when you apply the wrap you have to file off the extra length and I felt like it would chip too quickly. However, as the topcoat dried, the nail wraps curled up at the edges! It looked really bad... And then a couple of nails chipped a few hours later!!! I was not happy, so I took it all off, and it was a pain to remove, just like a normal glitter.

All in all, I wasn't pleased with these to be honest, and it pains me to say that because I love the idea of nail wraps! However, I would probably give these anther go and skip the topcoat just in case that was the thing that killed it.

I bought these from Fragrance Direct for £1.99. They retail at places like Boots for £7.99 but I definitely don't think they're worth that. You only get one application in the packet... So if you think you can buy a decent glitter nail polish for about a fiver and get about 30 manicures at least out of it, the price per wear of these nail wraps isn't the greatest.

Have you tried these nail wraps or any others? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment