navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

15.7.13

TKMaxx Haul...

Hi Guys,

Do you ever wish there were just a couple more hours in the day? I'm feeling like that pretty much all the time at the moment. I wish I could add four more hours. One more during the day so I could have more time to prepare meals without taking time away from playing with Caleb. I would add three more hours after Caleb goes to bed as well! That would mean I could do some housework, a bit of blogging, and still have enough time to watch TV for hours on end and then have a decent night's sleep!

Anyway, enough of that! I had a lovely day today on the beach with my son, cleaned the kitchen, and last night I had a swatch fest (if you follow me on Instagram - @truly_polished - you'll have seen a bit of that).

Tonight I have a recent haul to show you, just a little one. I love TKMaxx, always have, always will, and last week I went and bought a few things. Here is what I got.


Everything I bought

First of all I bought a new cleanser. I had wanted to start using a proper cleanser after I started using Double Wear because I broke out big time. I have heard good things about Murad online on blogs, so when I saw this I thought I would give it a try. It is a two in one cleanser and toner which is ideal for me and it has a foam applicator so it is really easy to use. This was £12.99 down from £25.

Murad Energising Cleanser

I bought an OPI set that included Nail Envy and a bangle. I won't be wearing the bangle, but when I finally organise the top of my dressing table I think I'll put it around a jar of cotton balls or something. This is the sensitive and peeling formula, which is what I was looking for. Recently my nails have started peeling for no reason after I take off my nail polish. Hopefully this will solve the problem! This was £9.99 down from around £19.

OPI Nail Envy


The next thing I bought was a nail polish that caught my eye. I always have a quick browse in the nails section when I go to TKMaxx because I find that they have a lot more brands there that I can't get hold of anywhere else. They had quite a few Butter Londons in, but the other colours were similar to ones I already own so I just picked this one up. 


It is called Jack the Lad (love the name!) and I have worn it already. It is BEAUTIFUL! Not a summer colour in the slightest but who cares? Swatches coming soon. This was £5.99 down from £12 I think but don't hold me to that! I tore the sticker off pretty much instantly so I could open the bottle and wear it!





The last thing I bought was the thing I actually went in there for! I needed a new conditioner after the one I was using ran out (the Royal Moroccan intensive mask that I bought from TKMaxx) and I always love what TKMaxx has to offer in the hair department. They always have a lot of Argan Oil products which I love. I wanted to repurchase my old one, but they didn't have it in so I bought this one. It was £9.99 down from £25 but it is the salon size (500ml) so it's bigger than any other ones I've bought before, which I liked. I used it this morning for the first time and I'm impressed so far! 

Argan Oil


So that's it, my TKMaxx haul! I'll probably have reviews up of these products when I use them more.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll be back soon with swatches. I got a lot done last night and I want to do some more tomorrow night. I also have something interesting in the pipeline so you'll have to stay tuned for that!

I'm also planning what I hope will be my final blog design. I'm not happy with the way it looks, I'm craving something more simple! So I'm trying to pencil in when I can do that... 

See what I meant about needing more hours in the day?!

No comments:

Post a Comment