navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

16.5.13

MUA Pro-Base Complexion Kit in Ivory

Hi Guys,

I can't believe I'm managing my third post this week! You can tell I'm relaxing and not that busy... Literally I haven't left the house in two days! I have a really sore throat today believe it or not, and there was me thinking I could get through one trip to Holland without being ill! 

Tonight I have a MUA Complexion kit to show you. I love MUA, they're my favourite budget friendly makeup brands, and I usually buy from them if I want to try a new product.

This is the Pro-Base Complexion Kit in Ivory, which is the lightest colour.


Inside, you will find a large pan of foundation, and smaller ones of concealer and a pink toned highlighter, as well as a foundation sponge and a little brush. It has a mirror on the centre part of the lid, the bit that is covered by the silver card in the picture above, and that you can kind of see in the photo below.

Let me just take this time to mention the new white and silver packaging. I love it! At first I thought it looked a bit cheap compared to the black, but it has really grown on me, it looks quite high end to me, and it's nice to have a bit of white inside my makeup bag, because I feel like everything I own is black!



Here are the products swatched on my arm (not blended):


And here is how everything looked on my skin. I primed my skin first with the MUA Undress Your Skin Primer. Then I used the sponge to apply the foundation first, and then the concealer under my eyes and on the inside of my nose. Lastly I used the brush to apply some of the highlighter onto my tops of my cheekbones.

I'm not wearing any eye makeup here so the focus isn't taken off the skin! I hate myself without eyeliner!

As far as this product goes, I liked it. I didn't love it... The colour match was good for my skin even though the shade was Ivory, so I don't know how people with fair skin could use it. My skin is very pale, but olive, not rosy toned, so I think this could show up orange on fairer skin tones. 

The formulation of the foundation was nice, it went on smoothly, and it was a light/medium coverage that is buildable if you want it to be. The concealer was great for my red bits on the inside of my nose but didn't completely cover the grey bags under my eyes. 

As far as wear goes, by the end of the day most of the makeup was gone, but this is a cream to powder foundation, so I expected it. My skin leans more towards the dry side, so if I want to wear any kind of powdery product, I need to reapply it throughout the day.

All in all, this was a decent product. Not the best, but by no means the worst, and for £6, it's ideal to throw in your bag. It's nice if you don't want a heavy coverage (if we ever get a summer - this will be ideal) and the mirror in the lid makes it perfect for any touch ups during the day.

I bought this from my local Superdrug for £6, but you can also get it here on the MUA site for the same price. MUA have got a 3 for 2 running on their website at the moment, so you might want to check out their other products too!




2 comments:

  1. I love MUA for a cheap alternative but not tried this but im quite fair so may look orangey thanks for this.

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a major issue with this, it might look a big orange. Hopefully they'll come out with some more pink toned kits like this!

      Delete