navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

17.3.13

My Week in Pictures #2

Hi Everyone,

Happy St Patrick's Day!

I know, where have I been, right? Well, that's a bit of a long story, and the main reason behing this "My Week In Pictures" post. As well as the reason behind me posting on a Sunday. Normally the weekends are a time when I spend a bit of down time with the family and don't think about blogging. But right now my son is asleep and my boyfriend is watching football, so here I am!

The reason for my absence is actually a last minute trip away to Paris. We decided to go after I wrote the last blog post and booked immediately. It was a bit of a disaster. Stupid weather, see below for...






My second Mother's Day (third if you count being pregnant) and Caleb got me a
lovely card with one of my fave photos on!
The weather was like this in Kent when we were on our way to Dover.
We got stuck on the motorway, took snowy country roads, then missed our ferry.
It had been cancelled anyway, so they put us on one to Dunkerque rather than Calais.
By the time we got on the ferry, our car was filthy!
And then it all went even more wrong! We were fine from Dunkerque for a little while, then we hit the road out of Calais. Abandoned lorries everywhere. We slept on the motorway that night, we were stuck from past 8pm until nearly half past 4am...

Traffic at a standstill...
Only just moving again, it's 5:20 French time and absolutely freezing.
We've been stuck for 8 hours...
Then we got to our hotel eventually at gone 7 in the morning. There was snow everywhere and we weren't happy with the hotel. The Disney New York Hotel... Do not stay here!!! We slept until about 1pm then went to the Walt Disney Studios Park for a little while, that was nice. Had an okay sleep that night and woke up a bit fresher on Thursday.

Here at last and the snow isn't falling anymore!
Extended 20 year anniversary... I was 2 when this was built in 1992 
Mickey Mouse in the parade
Friday... Time to go already! We left really early, about 10.30am for our 6.30pm ferry in case we got stuck again. We flew through and got there at 2.30pm! We paid for new tickets and left at 3.30pm, we just wanted to get home!



Checking out the duty free! 
My purchases! Nein! Nein! Nein! and Don't Talk Bach to Me were under £6 each!
I also bought My Vampire is Buff from the Euro Centrale collection.
I was so excited to finally see the White Cliffs of Dover!

 All in all, not a great trip, but my son loved it! He was really good in the car given the circumstances and we got lovely photos of him and Mickey Mouse. Our hotel was terrible but Goofy was there the morning we left so Caleb got photos with him too.

We got back Friday night, had the rest of the plastering done in the living room on Saturday, and here we are!

I haven't forgotten that the 10th of this month was the 1st birthday of Truly Polished, and this coming week or the next one I should be announcing my celebrations! Thank you all for sticking by me, even in my absence I have gained new followers here and on Bloglovin and that means so much to me!


5 comments:

  1. I am off to DLP a week tomorrow. We have to get train down from Derbyshire then onto Eurostar at St Pancras. Hoping that the cursed awful changeable weather has changed for the good by then. I've been worrying that our train to London will be delayed and we'll miss the connection. Once I'm on the Eurostar I can relax :) Sounds like you picked the worst week to make the trip, we heard about the snow in Kent, but this is first time I've seen pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thought the snow would have been totally gone by then, it was loads better on Friday when we drove through.

      I just didn't like the hotel at all, I feel bad for saying it now! The rooms where old fashioned, wallpaper peeling etc, and there is a really strong perfume smell in the lift and lobby, like ysl rive gauche or something else granny-ish that they seem to pump in through the air con of something. No Internet and the children's play area is a joke! Won't be staying there again because its so expensive for what it is, but it's so close to the parks, the beds are comfy and that's the only reason why we were there. Location was excellent but next time ill stay at the dream castle hotel, I've heard good things about that. Have fun, I really hope I haven't put you off, sorry!

      Delete
    2. nah, you've not said anything I haven't already seen on trip advisor! To be honest I get the impression that the hotels have been left since the parks opened. We booked it for the location too, plus we could arrange the hotel, tickets and eurostar all at once. Last time I went there I stayed in the Explorer hotel, which was good, but it was a bus ride from the park or a good 45 minute walk. The problem there was that the bus had been to Dream Castle first and was often full! We don't have to worry about the children's play area as I'm going with hubby and his 14 year old daughter, but no WIFI is a pain, still McDonald's has free WIFI so I guess she'll want to eat there to get on Facebook (bonus cheap meals!)

      Delete
    3. I did a stupid thing and didn't even look at TripAdvisor until the morning we were leaving! Honestly I think I wouldn't have liked the hotel even if it was lovely after the terrible trip down, I was so fed up and tired! Location is excellent though, can't fault it for that! Pool is nice too, main bit is cold but there is a HUGE jacuzzi at the back of it, I snuck my 17 month old in and he loved it! The main thing is the park though isn't it, I just love Disneyland, I felt like a little kid!

      Delete
  2. By the way what was wrong with the hotel new york, you'll never guess where I'm staying.... yup hotel new york!

    ReplyDelete