navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

7.3.13

Barry M Atlantic Road

Hello everyone!

I'm so proud of myself today for fitting in a post this evening! Things have been so busy this week, we've totally painted the stairway ready for the carpet fitter to arrive tomorrow morning at 9am. We've picked out a wooden floor for the living room so we're going to order it tomorrow. And on Saturday we're having a bit of plastering done. We've got so much done since my boyfriend has been home from offshore, it's a bit overwhelming! He was meant to go away again on Sunday but it's been put back a couple of weeks so we can get even more done. It's nice to see our house becoming our dream home! 

Tonight I have one of the new Barry M Textured polishes to show you. I bought all four of these the day after they came out, so my next few posts will be of these I think. The first one is Atlantic Road, a pastel blue with texture.

I used three coats for the photos below. In normal day to day wear you can get away with two but my lightbox was showing up patches. 





The formula was okay with this. I found it a bit lumpy to start with but after a couple of nails it was fine and I got used to it. I love this polish so much that I've worn it since I swatched it before I went to Wales. It wore really well and I got four days out of it last week without chips.

This polish retails for £3.99, but when I bought it from Superdrug there was an offer on, I think it was 2 for £6, so the polishes I bought worked out at £3 each, so the normal price for Barry M.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of work on the home. the polish Looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much work, will be worth it when it's all done though hopefully. I always wanted somewhere that I could really put my stamp on and I suppose I got my wish! I am in love with this polish, I want to wear it again!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving these polishes :)
    I was unsure about them at first but the blue looks really nice on your nails, remind me of a sea blue,

    sounds like your place is coming along slowly too which sounds like good news,

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was unsure at first too, about a year ago when my boyfriend suggested trying to make one of my own like this I hated the idea and said it would never take off!

      The house is coming along well. We're hoping next time my boyfriend is home we'll have nearly finished the things we want to do until we get permission for the extension we want... I can't wait to see what it'll look like when it's finished!

      Delete