navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

10.1.13

Models Own Cement Mixer

Hi Guys,

This post comes from a very tired place. I actually fell asleep on the sofa for half an hour earlier, that's how tired I am! I've been staying up too late and then because the room my son and I sleep in at my Mum's gets so light, he's been waking up a lot earlier than usual. Normally he sleeps until 9.45 or 1o but this morning at 8.25am I was awoken by "MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA!" I just love sharing a room with Caleb! I was up until about 2am, so I didn't get much sleep... Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

In other news, I got a new phone at last! I imported a Motorola Droid 3 from America last year and it was terrible. Slow, bad camera, froze all the time, kept closing applications, the list goes on. Anyway, I had the idea of getting a Samsung Galaxy S3 but when my Mum got one, I realised it was HUGE, so I got the iPhone 5 instead. I'm really pleased with it, the camera is good, and it makes calls when I want it to, in other words, it's a big step forward!

Tonight I have a Models Own polish to show you. This is a kind of khaki colour called Cement Mixer. I'm slightly upset that this pulls so green on me, story of my life, but I'm pleased with how it looks anyway. It's something I've been wanting for a while.

The formula of this polish was brilliant, as I've come to expect from Models Own, and the photos below show two coats with no topcoat. 

Natural light
Sunlight


I've been searching for a colour like this for ages. I think it's the closest I'm going to get to a creamy green without being too green. It might be similar to OPI Stranger Tides, which I do have but funnily enough (considering I wanted it for ages) haven't ever worn. I'll have to do a comparison post in the future. I think it's right at the bottom of my stash box, so once I organise my Helmer I'm sure it'll turn up!

As always, you can buy this polish at the usual stockists and on the Models Own website where it retails for £5, but I bought it during the sale for £2.50!

No comments:

Post a Comment