navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

7.12.12

Dollish Polish Girls Rule, Boys Drule!

Hi Everybody,

I hope you're all okay! My life has been a nightmare the last 2 days, we've just been packing, packing, packing! My boyfriend got home on Monday and we started packing the house up on Tuesday. It was his birthday yesterday but poor him, he had to spend the whole day getting ready for the move! We're doing a big trip up to the house with a 7.5 ton lorry on Sunday. I'm excited to see the house again, I haven't seen it in a couple of months so I've nearly forgotten what it's like. Not to mention it'll be nice to be in a house that isn't full of boxes, until the new house has all the boxes in it at least!

I'm so excited to have an indie polish to show you! It feels like ages since I bought any. In fact it hasn't, but I just didnt get around to swatching the Dollish Polish Halloween Collection before Halloween... And a month and a half later it might be cruel to show of some things that are impossible to get hold of, so I think I'll save them for some NOTD posts later on, maybe in January when I'm missing Christmas and missing some sparkle!

The same thing sort of applies with the polish I have to show you... Girls Rule, Boys Drule consists of matte pink and purple hex glitter suspended in a clear base. It was super limited edition, with only 300 bottles made. In order to buy it you had to submit your interest in an online form and then Dolly picked out 300 names and sent Paypal invoices. You had to pay within 24 hours or someone else would get picked out. It probably took me 24 seconds to pay my invoice...

The photos below show two coats of Girls Rule, Boys Drule over Essie Bikini So Teeny. I used two coats of NYC Colors Turbo Dry Top Coat on top of this and it was perfectly smooth.

Before I post the swatches, can I just give a little bit of a shout out to the new Dollish bottles, I love them!


Ok, swatches now! Sorry there is only one picture of the polish on my nails. The weather has been so dull. I can't wait to get a lightbox!

The weather was terrible, this is flash photo taken outside
to give the illusion of sunlight!

Macro of the bottle

I think this is so beautiful, I want to layer it over more colours. I'll definitely post photos when I do! It's pretty similar-ish (not a dupe) to Ninja Polish Girly Floam so you could maybe get that if you're gutted you can't get this one. But Ninja Polish stuff is hard to get hold of, I'm dying for Floam so it's best to subscribe to stock emails.

Before I go, I just want to say a thank you to Dolly for bringing out such gorgeous nail polishes. I've been a loyal customer for a while since the old Esty days and I'm still pleasantly surprised by her collections! She has a lot of vision and will probably remain my favourite indie creator for a while. I love the indie nail polish revolution and I've loved being part of it as a customer. I really hope I can be a part of it as a creator one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment