navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

17.11.12

Festive Fridays #2

Hi Guys,

I can't believe it's Friday again already! This week has gone really quickly and I've got nothing to show for it! I'm still not feeling 100% well but I was well enough to go to town today and treat my son and I to a couple of new clothes. I'm a bit heartbroken though because there were some boots in Topshop that I've wanted to get for ages but they didn't have my size up until today and when I put them on they made my feet look HUGE. I'm a 5 but before I had my son I was a 4, they got bigger and stayed bigger... So now I have a thing where I don't like my feet looking big. Anyway, I found some more but they are £20 more, so I'm thinking they might have to go on my Christmas list!

On a side note before I start the main post... Last week's post was perfectly timed because the day after I wrote it, the Christmas Coca-Cola advert came on and you know what that means...... 

Holidays are coming!!!!!



Tonight's Festive Friday post focuses on us ladies! I have put together a couple of gift ideas, in fact there are four in total, Splurge, Standard, Novelty and Thoughtful ideas. Personally, novelty gifts are my favourite, I'm well known for giving ridiculous presents, especially to my boyfriend. Since we've been together, he's been on the receiving end of many a ridiculous present... A toast stamp, a remote control helicopter (very fun) a light that clips onto the end of a key (very useful) and many, many more!

So here we go! As always there is a link in the picture captions that will take you to the product page.

SPLURGE: Ecosphere, Prezzybox, £99

This could be the coolest thing I've ever seen. It's like an adult version of Sea Monkeys but a million times better. This sphere is a self contained ecosystem based on our planet, obviously on a much smaller scale! It has water, air and micro-organisms contained in the glass and it is totally self-sustaining. It should last three years or maybe more. Find out more about this by clicking the link in the caption. It comes in different sizes and this is the smallest. You can also get an oval shape

I would LOVE to have one of these. If I did, it would go on the makeup table that I hope to have one day, but on a part of it that didn't receive direct light.
Ecosphere Small, Prezzybox, £99




STANDARD: Chanel Chance Eau de Parfum, Debenhams, £40.50

I think when all is said and done, you can never go wrong with perfume. I love receiving perfume as a gift and so I've picked my favourite perfume of all time to go in this feature: Chance by Chanel. I have been wearing Chance now since I was 12 years old, so for ten years. I bought it in Paris at the famous, but now closed I believe, La Samaritaine when I was on a school trip and I spent my whole allowance for the trip on it! I asked for it in French, got it gift wrapped, got a ton of freebies from the sales ladies and I still have the bag and Chanel ribbon to this day! For my birthday this year, my uncle bought me pretty much the whole Chance range, the tiny pure parfum, body lotion, shower gel... And my boyfriend bought me the biggest size bottle, forgetting he bought me the medium one a little while before. A little goes a LONG way, so safe to say I won't need perfume this Christmas!

Prices start at £40.50 for a 35ml Eau de Parfum.

Chance, Debenhams, from £40.50

NOVELTY: Rainbow Cookie Mix Jar, Prezzybox, £11.95

This cookie mix jar is everything I look for in a novelty present... It's pretty, provides the opportunity to do an activity, and you get something at the end of it, what could be better? This is the kind of thing I would buy for a friend. I'm known for my love of baking and so I would love to buy little baking things for them! 

Rainbow Cookie Jar, Prezzybox, £11.95


THOUGHTFUL: Photo Canvas, Assorted sites, prices from £12.50

I love thoughtful presents. If somebody I love just gets me a framed photo of us then I think that's worth more than anything else. So I've taken the photo idea a bit further and gone for a canvas print. This is the kind of thing I would buy for my Mum, she loves thoughtful presents too!

Two companies I've used for other things before are Vistaprint and Photobox so I can recommend them. Photobox have offer codes on their site at the moment, so if photo canvases are something you would be interested in, click on the link to have a look.


So that's it, my four picks for Christmas gifts for the ladies in your life! 

What kinds of things are you thinking of buying people this year? Let me know in the comments section.

Next week I'll be doing the male counterpart of this, so see you then and have a lovely weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment