navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

15.11.12

Barry M Watermelon

Hi Guys,

Tonight's post is going to be pretty quick because I have LOTS of TV to catch up on! I've been watching the second series of Revenge and I have 4 episodes still to watch, plus all of the second season of Homeland... I think I'm going to have to spread it over a few nights! 

Illness-wise I'm feeling slightly better and so is my son. We're still coughing and spluttering all over the place but slightly less than a couple of days ago!

One more thing before I get onto the polish! I made a blog button at last. You can find it at the top right of this page. There is a grab box underneath for anyone who would like to place it on their blog. If you like my blog and want to show my button, drop me an email at trulypolishedblog@gmail.com with the code to your button and link to your blog and I'd love to check out your blog and display your button!

Anyway, tonight I have a Barry M polish to show you. Watermelon is from the Hi-Shine Gelly range and is a dark teal super glossy creme. When this range first came out I thought they were going to be jelly finish polishes. There aren't enough of those available in the UK (hello - someone make some please!) but these don't fill the void... They are super shiny, supposed to be like gel polish, hence the name "Gelly."

For the photos below, I used two coats and no topcoat.

Natural light

Sunlight




This polish is crazy shiny! However, it does have me wondering... Do I need a really shiny polish? Probably not, as long as I use Seche Vite. And... Do I wish this range was full of squishy jelly goodness? Yes, yes I do!

Nevertheless, this polish is really pretty and the colour is totally up my street and perfect for winter. It retails for £3.99 at all the usual Barry M retailers, but I bought this at Boots as part of their "buy one get one half price" deal. 

See you tomorrow for a Festive Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. this is one of my favorite colors from the gelly collection!

    jayj x.
    avecjayj.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, it's the only one I bought, so perfect for this time of year too!

      Delete