navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

13.8.12

Birthday Nails!

Hi Everybody! 

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I did :) It was my birthday yesterday so I had an eventful day. My family came over to my house to give me my presents, I got very spoiled indeed! And then we went out to TGI Fridays for lunch. I ate more than I have in months and was very bloated and uncomfortable for the rest of the day and didn't need any dinner! In the evening I went to a local pub with my boyfriend, brother and a couple of his friends to do a pub quiz, which we won!!!!! We watched the Olympics Closing Ceremony afterwards so it was a lovely way to round off my day!

Today I was meant to be doing an activity that my brother had organised... One of my presents from him was a Segway Rally experience day, but the nearest available date is in October, so I'll be booking it for then!

Anyway, I did a special manicure for my birthday which was kind of thrown together last minute before I went out for the meal. I didn't have much time because I did a mani-pedi for my Mum! 

My brother bought me China Glaze Luxe and Lush, and I decided to incorporate that. I already had it but the formula on my bottle was horrific so I was glad to get a new one!

I won't go into details about the polishes I used but it was one coat of Cult Nails Nevermore, one coat Gosh Galaxy (swatches and review coming soon), one coat Luxe and Lush, and then one coat Models Own Disco Heaven. I used two coats of Seche Vite. 

Here it is:


I decided to mix it up a bit for the evening and added a matte top coat. I'm not sure how I felt about this, but it looked better in real life than in the photo! It looked like frosted glass! 



I'm really excited to show you all another of my birthday polishes. It's one I've wanted for ages but my brother is just waiting for it to arrive then I can have it!

Hope you liked my birthday mani!

Don't forget, you still have five days to enter my Olympic Giveaway to win a bottle of Barry M Jewel Britannia!

No comments:

Post a Comment