navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

14.8.12

Barry M Aqua Glitter

Hi Guys,

I hope you're all having a good week so far. The weather has been kind to us today and we had lots of sun, we even had a little bit of a BBQ which was lovely! 

Anyway, it's going to be a quick post from me tonight. Well, I say that and then ramble on forever so I'll try not to because I'm about to watch a film...

Tonight's polish is Barry M Aqua Glitter. I bought this when I went shopping with my cousin probably 4 weeks or so ago and it's been sat in my box waiting to be used. I finally swatched it two weeks ago and here are the results.

Aqua Glitter is a gorgeous polish that is made up of small and large particles of turquoise glitter in a clear base. My cousin used this before me and she text me saying her nails looked amazing with this over black, so of course, I tried that first! 

These photos show one coat of Aqua Glitter over Cult Nails Nevermore. The formula for the glitter was amazing, it went on smoothly with great glitter distribution. I used one coat of Seche Vite which smoothed this out perfectly.

Natural light
Sunlight

As soon as I saw this glitter it reminded me of a toned down version of Dollish Polish Spank You Very Much, so I thought I'd try Aqua Glitter over Barry M Indigo (pretty much my favourite layering undies ever) to see if it looked similar. Obviously SYVM has purple glitter as well as turquoise so I was hoping using Indigo underneath would make it look similar. 

You can see my Spank You Very Much post here but here is one layer of Aqua Glitter layered over two coats of Indigo:

Natural light
Sunlight

And for the sake of comparison (in case you can't be bothered to click over to my Dollish Polish post!) here is Spank You Very Much!

Dollish Polish Spank You Very Much - Natural Light

As you can probably see, these aren't identical, SYVM has the purple glitter, and the different sized glitters give it a more 3 dimensional look. But if you've ever tried buying Dollish Polish before, you'll know it's a bit of a pain. They stock it on Llarowe now but I prefer buying direct... This means sometimes being awake at strange times, refreshing my browser page for 40 mins before the scheduled opening time just in case it opens early, being cart-jacked, and having to check out multiple times and pay multiple shipping costs just to make sure nobody steals my stuff and to try and cart-jack someone else! It's a dirty business but worth it for the pretties - to me anyway!

So if you hate the hassle of indies, I'd suggest the second combo as an "almost there" Spank You Very Much. Over black, Aqua Glitter is just beautiful! It's a must have... I bought mine from Superdrug for £2.99 but it's available from Boots, the Barry M Website and ASOS too.

2 comments:

  1. Both the polishes are lovely! I can totally justify getting both! I have now developed a huge lemming for Spank You Very Much and reaffirmed my love for Barry M!

    If only they sell Barry M in Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spank you very much is amazing, it's on my top ten polishes list, I wear it on my toes pretty much all the time! Barry m is such a great brand, I wish they could sell all over the world! Do they ship internationally? I'm not sure.

      Delete