navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

18.6.12

Hello! And my amazing layering combo!

Hi Everyone! 

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I really enjoyed having a few days to myself, I read half a book, enjoyed the weather which was half sunny and gave my house a good tidy. I finally got around to hoovering my living room as well so everything looks much better! 

I'm also buzzing with ideas for the blog. I did lots of swatching, enough for two weeks of posts, but I've got more ideas of weekly or monthly features too. I'm also thinking I might start doing the odd OOTD (outfit of the day) and FOTD (face of the day) post, as well as a couple of more personal posts to give everybody a little insight into my life! Although this is primarily a nail blog, obviously, there's no reason why I can't add a few other ideas into the mix for the sake of diversity.

Today I have the layering combination that I mentioned before the weekend. I love this combo and really talked it up (too much maybe?) but I still think it's worth the talk and I'm considering painting this back on again tonight! The only problem is I can't find my nude polish. I'm sure it'll turn up so maybe I'll recreate this later on in the week instead. 

For this mani I used two coats of MUA shade 19 and put 2 coats of Barry M Hologram Hexograms on top. This glitter is like nothing I've seen before in the UK, and I love it. It's holographic hex glitter with what looks like micro glitter. However, I'm not sure if it is micro glitter... The hexs look like they're disintegrating slightly in the base, as you might be able to see in the macro shot below.

Natural light
Flash
Macro - you can see a few of the hex glitters have holes in, but the colour has disintegrated...
Hologram Hexograms is a strange polish. I had never heard of it, never seen it on Barry M stands (and believe me, I'm always at them!) but I stumbled upon it on another blog and had to have it. There is a purple version too called Lavender Hexograms which has purple metallic hex glitter, it's really pretty and next on my Barry M list. It's available on the Barry M website for £2.99 but I bought mine from Nail Polish Direct for £2.95 with free delivery. 

Nail Polish Direct is also a UK stockist for Essie, OPI and China Glaze and their prices are really reasonable for the UK. I'd definitely recommend their website. They offer free shipping on all orders too and the stuff arrives really quickly. I'm eyeing up some China Glaze Summer Neons right now on there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment