navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

10.3.12

Cult Nails - Toxic Seaweed

Hi guys,

Today I have my first ever Cult Nails polish to share with you. I bought Toxic Seaweed after it caught my eye when I was browsing their site. I'm a sucker for green nail polish, and this one has a great Cult Nails twist on it! I'm still gutted I missed out on Unicorn Puke/Clairvoyant (now discontinued) so I got 2 bottles of this as I knew it would be heading into the Limited Edition section, which it now has.

Cult Nails is a still relatively unknown brand to the general public, even more so in the UK. This really needs to change! This is by far the most original polish brand I've ever seen. The majority of the colours are created from ideas that Maria (the blogger behind the R3 Daily blog) receives in tweets and comments, meaning that the customers really get what they want. All polishes are 4 Free (free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP, and camphor), not tested on animals, totally cruelty free and vegan friendly.

Toxic Seaweed is a forest green jelly packed with gold and green microglitter and... FLAKIES! Flakies are my all time favourite nail polish effect so I love this polish. The flakies shift from copper/red if you look straight on, and green if looked at from the side. I feel like I've seen this colour shift a million times but it looks beautiful in this polish. The formula was great and I used two coats for the photos below with one coat of Seche Vite.

Outside in the natural light

I got a bit pic heavy with this one, so click "read more" to see the rest of my photos!







The package came with cotton balls to take my current nail polish off!
Eco-friendly wrapping
Label on the bottom of the bottle
On paper to see the glitter
Macro shot - Copper flakies
Colour shift to green
Blurred shot to see the base colour better
Flash
Indoors with natural light
Just as I was finishing the post, the sun came out to play!

I absolutely LOVE this polish, the base colour is beautiful and the glitter and flakies really give it an extra something. This is the 3rd time I've worn this polish since I got it, and I'm sure I'll keep going back. The formula is great, the drying time with a coat of SV is okay and it's relatively long lasting. With a busy lifestyle looking after a child, I can get 3 days wear from this, but I change my polish more regularly than that so I don't even need it!

Pick it up here: Buy Toxic Seaweed. It's limited edition and you can only buy 2 bottles, but I'd definitely recommend getting it! It retails for $10

You can also check out Maria's blog to find out what's coming up in the new collections here: R3 Daily

2 comments:

  1. I love the wrapping that Cult polishes come packed in. I'm assuming it's earth friendly, unlike the bog-standard bubble wrap that you normally see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! It's all recycled and recyclable wrapping! And I love that it's padded with cotton wool balls, I always need more cotton wool!

    ReplyDelete