navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

10.3.12

My first post - Welcome!

Hi Everyone,

I have a secret to tell... I am ever so slightly addicted to nail polish! When I say slightly, I mean very! This is a relatively new thing: over the past few months I've gained more and more interest in nail polish and nail art and my collection, which used to comprise of a few french manicure sets, clears, and some random colours, has developed into small-ish sample of what is available today.

I'm located on the south coast of the UK, and so most of the bigger American brands are a lot harder to get hold of, but I'm here to prove it's possible to have beautiful nails by picking and choosing what you can find in the UK and blending it with a few bits and pieces from abroad.

I'll be posting a few times a week to let you know what's on my nails, as well as showcasing some of my frankens and nail art attempts (some more successful than others!) to hopefully inspire you to get creative with colours and patterns on your nails.

Lack of time is not an excuse, if I can find the time while looking after a 5 month old, then you, too, can become Truly Polished!

I'll end this post with a couple of pictures of my stash. I moved house a few months ago and seem to have lost track of quite a few polishes, I think they're in the attic. Anyhow, the important ones are all present and accounted for, plus I have some really exciting ones arriving in the near future that I'm very excited to share with you!

The Union Jack trunk is one I found in TKMaxx and it retails for £29.99, they do a smaller size for £24.99 which I hope to buy as well!


My trunk
My stash



So that's all for today, apart from saying welcome to Truly Polished!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to everything you wrote. You inspired me to buckle down & create a blog myself. I have no idea what I'm doing but hey...this is supposed to be fun. Thank you so much for the inspiration & I can't wait for our swap. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has made my day! Glad you're enjoying my blog!

      Delete