navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

6.5.14

NOTD: Expect the Unexpected

Hi Everyone,

It feels weird being back on Truly Polished, recently I've pretty much forgotten that I even have a blog! I've decided there will be no more reasons behind me not blogging, either I do it or I don't do it... At this point I'm just counting getting dressed in the mornings as a win! I'm 24 weeks pregnant today and getting round two of horrendous tiredness, plus my son is ill today so I've had the worst sleep, he came into bed with me at 4am and was so boiling hot hanging around my neck for cuddles that I didn't sleep well at all!

I was surprised, then, that when I woke up, I was itching to some nail art... When we got up this morning, my son was desperate to go to preschool, and seeing as his temperature didn't feel too high then and he seemed happy, I took him in and came home brimming with ideas!

A few weeks ago we found out we are expecting another boy, so I knew I wanted to incorporate blue into the theme, and I knew I didn't have the energy for anything but striping tape, so I set about raiding my stash and here's how it turned out...

Natural light
Flash

The polishes I used were:

Sally Hansen - Lavender Cloud, a very pale off-white purple
Models Own - Blueberry Muffin, a pale blue creme
Models Own - Champagne, a champagne gold foil
Models Own - Southern Lights, a blue toned holographic full coverage glitter in a slightly tinted purple base.

I used striping tape for all of the sections, and finished it with a coat of HK Girl top coat.

I'm really pleased with how this came out, it was very simple to do and was a great first foray back into nail art. The only thing I'd add would be a blue triangle on my middle finger nail just to balance the colours a bit better, I love he subtle difference between the blue and off-white so I'd have like to see more of that.


What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment