navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

17.4.13

Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick - Bulletproof Beige

Hi Guys,

My computer hates me... I spent ages editing the photos for this post and then when I quit Photoshop, none of my photos had saved! And so I wanted to put the originals in a folder to edit later, but my computer wouldn't let me rename the folder! And I couldn't copy and paste, couldn't move anything to my trash!!! But I did the classic fix, turn it off and on again... And all my photos were there on my desktop all of a sudden! 

Anyway, here is something a bit different, I'm a bit nervous actually, taking these pictures was so hard so I hope everything came out okay!

 Recently Superdrug had a free gift with purchase (or 3 for 2 - I can't remember!) offer on Rimmel products and I got this eyeshadow pencil. I bought it with the Scandaleyes black kohl pencil and one of the Apocalips lip lacquers, both of which I love, Rimmel have some great products out right now.

Bulletproof Beige is a jumbo eyeshadow stick. It is a creamy champagne/gold colour that would flatter most skin tones. 

Onto the photos, then I'll get into more detail!


Packaging
The pencil tip
Swatch on the inside of my arm
One coat over a primer, with pencil eyeliner and mascara
I am a huge fan of the application of these. I just drew some on my eyelid and smudged it with my finger, perfect! 



I liked how this looked on me, but I didn't think it showed up enough against my skin to wear on its own, so I decided to use it as a base for the other eyeshadows I wanted to wear. I used a couple of the shades from the MUA Undressed palette, the dark taupe shimmer for my crease and the peachy matte for the inner corners, then I blended it all.

In case you were wondering, the mascara I used was the MUA curling one that comes in the silver tube. This was a very half hearted application though because the eyeshadow pencil made my lashes short. I'm really impressed with the mascara in general, my lashes are VERY short and for £2 the mascara is brilliant at lengthening and curling them!

Here's what my eyes looked like with this as a base, obviously I lost a lot of the colour in the photo, this was much smokier looking in real life.



Anyway, I was really impressed with this as a base, my eyeshadow didn't budge all day until I look it off this evening! It looked really nice under the colours that I used and I'm generally really happy with the product! No settling into the creases, nothing. It is a subtle colour that I think would look great no matter what eye colour you have, and I can't wait to wear it in the summer when I have a tan!

Have you tried any of these shadow sticks yet? I think I'm going to get a couple more, the bronze one and the black are calling my name! I can imagine the black one would be a great base for darker colours for a night time look.

The Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks retail for £5.99 and I highly recommend checking them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment