navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

22.1.13

MUA Undressed Palette

Hi Everyone,


I am so tired, this will be a quick-ish post because I need to put my son to bed, have dinner, and then have a bit of downtime before trying to get an early night! I've been trying so hard to go to sleep at a reasonable hour, but TV and the book I was reading was making it too hard!

Tonight I've got something different to show you, an eyeshadow palette! I have always thought that the New Year would be the perfect time to shake up my makeup routine, and going into 2013, I still feel like that. My favourite way to do this is with eyeshadow. It is a relatively easy way to create a look that is dramatically different from what you are used to. 

A little while ago I was on a plane and they were selling the Urban Decay Naked2 palette. I didn't buy it because anything around £30 mark isn't for me, but I set to work researching it as soon as I got home. I realised then that I preferred the original Naked Palette. That was when I came across this MUA palette on a beauty blog - I really can't remember which one it was - and I knew I had to have it! I bought it around November last year and it is beautiful!

This is called the Undressed Palette (undressed, naked, get it?) and the shades are near dupes of the Urban Decay shadows.

The packaging and shadows in the sunlight
Inside in the natural light

Numbered Swatches - Indoors
Numbered Swatches - Sunlight



The shades are as follows (not named, just numbered... how creative!):

Shade 1: Very pale peach with a slight pearl effect
Shade 2: Pale pinky brown shimmer
Shade 3: Tan matte, as you can see by the swatches, this didn't really show up on my skin
Shade 4: Mid-brown shimmer
Shade 5: Mid-brown matte
Shade 6: Gold shimmer
Shade 7: Bronze shimmer
Shade 8: Dark brown pearl with gold pearl shimmer
Shade 9: Darker pinky brown shimmer
Shade 10: Dark brown pearl with cooler brown pearl shimmer
Shade 11: Charcoal grey shimmer
Shade 12: Dark blue shimmer

I have got a lot of use out of this palette in the time I've had it and I love most of the shades. The ones I use the most are: 2,6,7,8 and 12 but I have used them all more than once, even the mattes which I HATED at first. I found them really dull, but then I realised they could be used for a really subtle daytime look. 

I'm hoping that when I improve a) my makeup application technique and b) my photography skills, that I can show you some of the looks I have created with this palette, but until then, I urge you to go and buy this!


Did I mention the price??? It retails for £4!!!! You can get this at most Superdrug stores, my local Superdrug is TINY and they still stocked it. You can also buy it online at the MUA online store. It's definitely worth buying, I would have been happy to pay slightly more for this, it's so well pigmented! For £4 this is amazing, and one of the main reasons I'm such an advocate for MUA! They bring out so many amazing products and I think 2013 will be their year!

That's it from me for this evening, see you all soon! I need to sort out a camera ASAP to get some swatches up... I didn't bring mine with me to my Mum's and the bad weather means I can't leave yet. I don't mind though, I'm having too much fun!


3 comments:

  1. Nice! Are u picking up anything rom their fb sale? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have bought a few bits and pieces, as well as things for an upcoming giveaway for my blog's birthday! I just adore MUA!

      Delete
  2. That's pretty! ♥
    Nice blog you have here dear!
    Check out mine sometime if you'd like ♥
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete