navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

14.12.12

Festive Fridays #5

Hi Guys,

I've been a very bad blogger! This week, as I mentioned, I've been staying at my Mum's house. But we've been sorting out our old house ready to hand the keys in. It's been so stressful and we finally handed them in today! Yesterday we decided to take a break from thinking about the move and went to a swimming pool with a slide and everything. It was nice to have a relaxing family day but it meant we had lots to do today. I say we had lots to do, my boyfriend did it all!

Tonight I have another Festive Friday post and this time it's all about me! These are a couple of bits and  pieces from my Christmas list this year!




IKEA Helmer in white - £25:

Helmer in white - £25


I've been blogging since March and I still don't have the classic blogger storage unit: the IKEA Helmer. I love IKEA, it's a good day trip out (haha!) and I love the furniture. In fact, I was there yesterday before swimming to buy a new bed, our little double looks lost in our new bedroom so we got a superking sized one. I can't wait to buy new bedding, it's one of my favourite things to buy. I want the Helmer in white to match the rest of my furniture, it's all white in our room.



Yankee Candle, Large Jar, Snow in Love - £19.99

Snow in Love Candle - £19.99

In my new house, the only thing missing from the living room is a nice big candle. I love the look of Yankee Candles in their jars, and I think Snow in Love is such a beautiful smell, it's from their winter range. The link in the photo caption will take you to the page showing the whole Snow in Love range. On the Yankee Candle site, most of this range is out of stock, but these candles are widely available... Even a little card shop in town here stocks them!



Topshop Amos Boots - £62

Amos Boots - £62


I am in desperate need for a pair of boots. I got some from Kurt Geiger last year and they look a bit scruffy now, so I want something else to wear day to day. I spotted these boots in my local Topshop when I was trying on another pair that I liked. They made my feet look really long so I tried these instead and fell in love with them. They're comfy, and they can be dressed up or down. I wear boots every day in the colder months and I think these would be perfect for the job!



Baking Made Easy by Lorraine Pascale - £4.85 at Amazon

Baking Made Easy - £4.85


It's no secret that I love baking, and this is one of many baking books that I want. There is a recipe in there for lemon and blueberry mille-feuille that I can't wait to cook! I love this programme and watch it whenever I catch it on TV, the recipes look really simple and I was really pleased there was a book to go along with it! 



Mummy Mitts - £19.99


Mummy Mitts - £19.99


No, these aren't floating hands, they're gloves! I need these gloves for my son's pushchair so badly. The cold weather is really damaging the skin on my hands no matter how hard I try to keep them moisturised, so these gloves that velcro onto the handle would be perfect to keep my hands warm!


So that's it, my five picks from my Christmas list this year. Obviously my list is longer than five items (a girl can dream, right?) but I hope a couple of these things are hiding under my tree on the 25th!

I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my Christmas list, see you next time!

Have a great weekend!

......................


Before I go, I just want to say that my thoughts are with the parents of the children who lost their lives today in Connecticut. I can't imagine anything worse than losing a child, my son is my absolute world, and my heart goes out to each and every one of them. This time of year is supposed to be about happiness, and to have your happiness stolen from you by some madman with a gun is sickening. It is at times like these when everything gets put into perspective, and you realise that you can't take anything for granted, especially your loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment