navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

21.8.12

Barry M Magnetic Sparkle Blue aka Neptune Sea

Hi guys,

Another quick-ish post from me tonight. It's been a long day, I've been trying to sort out a venue for my son's birthday (unsuccessful) and then my boyfriend and I had a barbecue at 9pm in the nearly dark night! So here I am, very tired and achy and writing my post!

Tonight's polish is a new(ish) one from Barry M. When I heard they were releasing new colours of the magnetic polishes I was intrigued, but then I forgot about them until I saw the range in Superdrug a few days ago. They were on a deal at 2 for £8, so just under £2 off, so I bought two. 

Now onto Neptune Sea... I have a confession to make, I've only just found out that this is actually called Neptune Sparkle! I forgot the name of this and couldn't be bothered to dig out my bottle so I set onto google and found out the real name. I would have been none the wiser! My bottle says Magnetic Sparkle Blue on it, and seeing as Barry M polishes never have very imaginative names I never thought to question it!

Anyway, Neptune Sea looks a bit non-descript and grey at first glance, but luckily I check all of the effects before buying any of them so I knew the magic inside this bottle. It was too sheer for me, I hate doing layers and layers of polish so I cheated and layered it over black!

The photos below show two coats over black:

Natural light

Sunlight



When you apply the magnet over the polish, the most gorgeous glass flecked blue comes out, you'd never expect it from what it looks like without the magnet. I decided to use the chevron magnet for three fingers with the star as an accent nail. Not sure what happened with my little finger, it went a bit awry!

This is 100% my favourite magnetic polish yet. I love that Barry M have brought out so many, and I have another one to show you in the very near future that is really something special!

You can find this in all the usual places, Boots, Superdrug (where I bought mine) the Barry M website... It's not in stock on ASOS or Nail Polish Direct yet though, I'm not sure what their plans are for releasing it. It retails for £4.99, but as I mentioned before, Superdrug have it on 2 for £8, so it's worth getting!



6 comments:

  1. wow that looks really cool- one of the strongest magnetic patterns I've seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't believe it when I hovered the magnet over it!

      Delete
  2. I have one from FashionistA and one from Nails Inc - both with the same magnet shape - I haven't tried any of the Barry M range, but I might have to. I love the patter you used for the accent nail, it looks a bit like the union jack! x
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try some! The Barry m ones are amazing, I have 4 of them and I'm picking out more! They have a deal on where you can save £2 if you buy two in Superdrug so it might be time to try them! I thought that too about the union jack, thats the magnet that came with it, I should have swapped it really because I already have the star pattern!

      Delete
  3. it looks great! :)

    palistory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete