navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

23.7.12

Gradient Nails and Guest Posting

Hi everyone,

Did you all have a good weekend? I spent most of mine with my brother, we went shopping, out for lunch and just hung out at my house, so it was nice. Also, the weather got better yesterday at last! It's been raining every day for weeks now so to have a bit of sun has been amazing. 

Today was so hot and sunny, while my son was asleep I laid out and actually had some pretty decent tan lines after an hour. During the winter I always hate the fact that I have olive skin because it looks awful without a tan... I look at everyone else with their pale pink skin and hate my washed out yellowy face! But in the summer I love my half-Arabic genes, I can be out in the sun for 10 minutes and catch the sun. Don't get me wrong, it has its downfalls... If I'm wearing a vest and forget to tuck the straps in, I have strap marks forever until they even out!

Anyway, onto the polish! I have a gradient manicure to show you. I actually did this for my guest post over at Island Girl Insights (you can see that here) but I love it so much I have to post it here too!

I used MUA Shades 12, Wet'n'Wild White, Revlon Girly, along with a sponge. It's the normal big yellow one I use for everything, it's a car washing sponge from ASDA and I bought it for 50p.

The method I used for the gradient was the one that The Nailasaurus posted here, but I started with a white base. Mainly because the polishes I used had different finishes, so I wanted to make sure they both popped, rather than painting my whole nail with one colour first, in case I could see it underneath, if that makes sense!

Here is the result, I used two coats of Seche Vite on top!


I was so in love with this mani that I wore it for four days. The only reason I took it off was because I had to finish the other half of my guest post. I do two manicures for under £5 and this was the first one I did.

I hope you liked my gradient mani! Over the past couple of months I've had some unsuccessful gradient attempts but I think this was a real success! 

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it too! I had another one in mind to post instead of re-posting this but it was a massive fail! I really hope my guest post for you wasn't just a fluke. I love gradient manis so I really want to be able to do more! Xx

      Delete