navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

7.5.12

China Glaze Smoke and Ashes

Hi everyone, 

I hope you've all had a lovely day. I've been pretty busy on this rainy Bank Holiday Monday but I'm still managing to post at a reasonable hour which makes me very happy! Other things making me happy today are:

1. The sun came out for about 10 minutes. I got so excited I had to post a picture on Instagram (@truly_polished).

2. Dollish Pollish had a mini restock of her leftover polishes and I got some! I may or may not have posted a little while ago that I missed out. There was a HUGE amount of buzz about the last restock and it sold out within about 30 seconds... I was one of the people clicking refresh from 10 minutes before and I still missed out! Anyway, I noticed a tweet about three minutes past 8 saying there would be a mini restock at 3pm EST, which I was sure was 8pm my time! I checked and it was true! I got Heart of Glass by refreshing and clicking add to basket, then I checked out because I was so scared my basket would empty!!! Then I composed myself, went back and tried my luck with a couple more. I tried the same technique and got Putting on the Ritzzz and Spank You Very Much. I feel bad because I know I got my polishes because someone else's cart emptied, but when I get my pretties, the guilt will all fade away!

Anyway, enough of all that and on to the polish! I have China Glaze Smoke and Ashes for you! This polish is from the Hunger Games Capitol Colors collection (inspired by the Hunger Games movie). I used this as a base for Luxe and Lush a couple of days ago but here it is on it's own. This is a very blackened green glass fleck polish, there aren't enough like this around, let me tell you!

The formula on this was amazing! It was a one coater for me, but I did put a second coat on to see if it changed the look of it, which it didn't! 

Now for some photos! All of the photos were taken in normal, natural, regular daylight. Luckily (seeing as there is no sunlight!) I think this polish looks better like that so you can see the glass flecks...


Natural light

Side view - look at those glass flecks!
Macro



This is the polish I was most looking forward to from this collection, and it really didn't disappoint. This kind of colour is perfect for when I'm in a bad mood and I want to show it with my nails! I also wear colours like this on my toes all the time. Right now I have Cult Nails Living Water on my toes but I think this will be finding its way onto them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment