navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

19.10.12

Pretty and Polished Sand Art

Hi Guys,

Quick post from me tonight, I'm so tired! I've been busy going out and about and I'm really enjoying myself. My boyfriend seems to like it here, so I think we'll be coming over here more often. I've flown over here just me and my son before, but it has taken my boyfriend and I ages to come over. I think it's the case of now we've done it once, we'll do it again and again.

I've got something a bit special to show you today, this is one of the polishes that I've wanted for ages! Pretty and Polished was one of many indie brands that didn't ship to the UK (this has recently changed and now they offer international shipping) so I bought this polish from Llarowe when they launched this brand.

Sand art is made up of green, yellow, blue and purple matte glitter in a clear base. I chose to layer this over a dark purple polish from MUA. I'm not sure this was the right layering choice... I have other layering combinations in mind for this, one of which is Models Own Aciied, so I'll have to try that and then post the results. 

The formula of this polish was really good, it went on really smoothly. I find with some indies that there isn't enough base for all the glitter but this isn't the case with Sand Art! 

The photos below show one coat over dark purple.

Natural light
Sunlight

I love Sand Art, I'm just a bit disappointed with the base colour that I picked! Even so, I still think it looks pretty!

I bought this polish from Llarowe for around $11, but I can't find it on their site so I can't put a link! You can buy it direct from Pretty and Polished here where it retails for $8.50 and, as I mentioned before, they offer international shipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment