navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

27.8.12

Models Own Mirrorball Collection

Hi everyone!

Did you all have a lovely weekend? We went for a family picnic in the New Forest yesterday and that was really nice, although navigating bumpy terrain with the odd bit of soggy ground from the rain with a pram wasn't easy! 

I have an exciting (for me, anyway) post tonight. I saw news of this on Twitter a couple of days ago and fell in love! Models Own are releasing a new collection! 

My love affair with Models Own goes back as far as I can remember polish-wise... They have amazing colours, their customer service is great for such a large company and in my opinion, no UK brand hits every nail trend on the head in a good price bracket like them. They brought us duochromes and multichromes when nobody else did, they brought us chunky glitters when nobody else did, so in other words, I love them!

This new collection is called the Mirrorball Collection and it's a gorgeous set of 5 glitterbombs! Immediately I thought of the Nails Inc Nail Jewellery when I saw these, but those just have one colour in each bottle. The Models Own polishes have more colours in each bottle. 

I need all five of these, take a deep breath and close your eyes.........

And OPEN!

Photo taken from the Models Own Facebook page


Aren't they amazing?!?!?!?!?! I literally swooned when I saw these, I think my boyfriend thought I was a bit weird!

This is how Models Own describe their newest collection:

NEW! The MIRRORBALL Collection, a completely unique glide-on glitter that will revitalise your entire polish collection! Wear alone or over your favourite polish to give a frosting finish, taking nails from boring to BLING! Each polish contains five different chunky colours of hand-cut glitter that are guaranteed to get the party started:

Disco Inferno, a glittery gold disco bomb
Hot Stuff, an intoxicating mix of pink and gold sparkles
Freak Out, a crystal shimmer mix of bold blue and purple
Dancing Queen, fabulous flecks of emerald, blue and gold
Boogie Nights, a multicoloured mix of intriguing purple, pink and blue!

The Mirrorball Collection launches (with LIMITED EDITION metallic coloured caps) exclusively at the Models Own Bottleshop on Thursday, September 6th, on the Models Own website on Monday, September 10th and in Boots stores nationwide from Wednesday, October 3rd.

I live about two hours from London so unfortunately I won't be able to get these the day they are released, but one thing is for sure... I WILL NOT be waiting to get them at Boots... Not to mention my Boots doesn't even stock this brand (what's that all about, Boots?) so I will be up in the morning of Monday 10th September treating myself to the whole set! 

These polishes will be priced in line with the rest of the Models Own nail polish range. Individual bottles will retail for £5, but you can get the whole collection for £20, so five for the price of four!

If you're wondering if Models Own ship internationally... They do! Find out more here!

Which ones are you looking forward to getting the most? I love the look of Freak Out, I can't resist a good blue. I think Hot Stuff looks really nice too, really unique. I'll be getting all five, so check back next month to see swatches and reviews! 

4 comments:

  1. They are amazing! I only started to use ModelOwn not long time ago and lovem them sooo much (where they were all my life.

    I have only started my blogg too and straight to ModelsOwn post :)
    http://troublemakeronheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    I am defo buying this glitterbombs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a great brand, I've loved them for quite some time but recently they've raised the bar! These look incredible. Im going to have to get them all because I could never pick just one or two!

      Delete
  2. ooh they have Models Own here too (better late than never lol) but I have had too many issues with glitters tearing up my nails, so I'll wait anxiously for your review, "glide on" sounds interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had the same issues. I took glitter off my nails last night and they were in a right state! I think I need to start using the foil removal method rather than scrubbing my nails with polish remover! Glide on could be very interesting, I'm not sure how glide on it could be... Seeing as Ibiza Mix (although very pretty) is a nightmare to apply because the formula is like water, I wonder how the base on these will be application wise... We'll see!

      Delete