navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

12.7.12

NOTD! Barry M and Color Club

Hi everyone!

It's a bit of a quick post from me today... I'm so tired and miserable because of the weather. I'm about to buy a pac-a-mac because my only waterproof coat is a huge fur lined one from Topshop and it's not cold enough to wear it, I need something thinner. I can't believe we're having such awful weather in July, it's horrible. People wonder why the British talk about the weather and this is the reason: it's crazy!

Anyway, I have a NOTD to show you. I've been wearing this for two days now and I love it! 

For this manicure, I used three coats of Barry M Blue Moon, then once that was dry(ish) I sponged on Color Club Beyond the Mistletoe from Winter 2011. I did this by putting a blob of polish at the base of my nail near my cuticle and dabbing it upwards with the sponge. To top it off I used two coats of Seche Vite.


I was so happy with how this turned out! I think the polishes go really well together! It's made me want to try more of the Color Club glitters that I bought from TKMaxx.

Now, anyone who has bought nail polish from TKMaxx will know my struggles... There's a story behind this Color Club polish... I picked up a set of glitters in TKMaxx a couple of months ago because Covered in Diamonds was in there, but the packaging was marked "Glitter Vixen." Obviously I knew it wasn't that collection, but for £7.99 I couldn't leave it, Covered in Diamonds goes for more on eBay! So I figured I'd buy it and research the other colours later! Then when I did some research looking at swatches etc I saw some were from the Beyond the Mistletoe collection, one (Covered in Diamonds) was from the Untamed Luxury collection and one was from the Pardon My French collection. Only one was actually a Glitter Vixen polish!

But who can say no to seven polishes for £7.99, especially when they're pretty glitters! You can probably still find this set in some TKMaxx stores, and Barry M Blue moon is available for £2.99 at Boots, Superdrug and the Barry M website.

No comments:

Post a Comment